Late on rent? Can’t afford groceries? No money for gas? In college students are always looking for a quick way to make some cash.
Here are 10 easy ways to make a quick buck when the cash gets tight.
1. Recycling- Cans and bottles range from 5 cents to 10 cents per bottle. Collect up your cans and bottles or the cans and bottles from your friends and take them to a local recycling facility
2. Sell your old stuff- Put your old clothes, furniture items, dorm decorations, and whatever other items you no longer need on sites like Ebay or Craigslist or get friends together and hold a yard sale.
3. Do odd jobs- As we get older we start to forget about the things we used to do as kids to make quick cash, but the reality of it is we’re never too old. Check classified ads for jobs like lawn mowing, house sitting, grocery shopping, or dog walking.
4. Take on a boarder- If you have some extra space in your house put out an ad for a roommate. This will cut down your own expenses and in some cases even be something you can make money off of.
5. Sign up for medical tests- Many large research centers or universities have ongoing research projects evaluating new medicines and treatments. Cash is usually offered in return for volunteers. You can make anywhere from a few hundred up to a few thousand.
6. Make stuff to sell- Have something you are good at making? Decorations, art, soap, scarves? Let people know on Facebook or put up some signs around campus and try to get some orders in.
7. Get a part-time job- Flipping burgers or selling gym memberships might not be the most glamorous job, but who can complain when it means enough money to keep the hot water on in your apartment.
8. Save your change- Pocket change here and there really adds up. Collect the change around your house, car, etc. and take it too the bank. You probably have more than you think. WARNING- don’t take it to a CoinStar machine– they take 10 cents for every dollar so you end up losing a lot of your money.
9. Return purchases- Did you just buy some new shoes or a jacket. Chances are you probably have something that you can wear. If money is tight take the recent purchases back and use the money for something more important.
10. Tutor- Are you good at a specific subject? Why not use those skills to make some money. Colleges usually have tutoring centers you can work through, or talk to a local middle or high school to find out if there are any parents in need of tutors for their kids.
Do you have any other ways that you have found to make extra money? Let the other readers know what they are!
Happy money making!!
College Works Painting
Social Media Marketing Assistant